Saturday, February 22, 2014

How much does it cost for an Electric Panel Service Changes

Quality Contractor Services has specialized in Electric service changes for over thirty years in Arizona. You can view our website at RESArizona.com or feel free to call Phil at 480-694-6531 with questions. Estimates and advice is free.
The first thing a home owner wants to know is how much is it going to cost. When I did a search on Google to see what the current information was I was amazed. It would be as easy to find Noah’s Ark to get a straight answer to that question.
Let’s get to it. First we need to be on the same page. I am now talking about the main electric panel that the meter is installed in or next to. In my area any upgrade has to be a minimum of a 200 amp 240 volt single phase. So this covers eighty percent of my quotes. For us to install a 200 amp, 40 space, all in one panel. The panel I use most of the time is a Siemens model MC4040B1200SECW. My base price is $1,500.00 this includes taxes and permits.
Only about half of my quotes are basic jobs though. There are several things involved in the service change. Usually there are pipes with added on electric. These need to be taken into consideration. Often the power company will require it moved to a new location for any number of reasons or a new location is required because your adding a pool. Then there will be junction boxes and feeders necessary to maintain service.
Last week for example we did service change
#1. for $1,400.00 It was a 200 amp to 200 amp with no added pipes to feed. He got another deduction because we didn't have to upgrade the grounding system.
#2. The second of the week was an upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp in a new location due to the gas meter being in too close approximation. We ended up putting an inch and a half feeder to a junction box at the roof access for future electrical runs. As well we used two junction boxes to incorporate the existing circuits to the new box twenty feet away. The price for this was $2,200.
#3. Was a standard 200 amp for 200 amp with no added pipes but included a new grounding system for $1,500.00.
My prices are very reasonable and other electricians that aren't set up strictly for service changes often charge as much as double for the same service. I get the job on over 90% of the jobs I bid on, so I wouldn't expect anyone to be much less expensive if they are including permits and taxes.
I service Arizona. Please feel free to contact me for any of your electrical questions. Advice is free, so are estimates.

No comments:

Post a Comment